ValleyStar Credit Union regularly communicates with members and the communities we serve through various social media outlets, including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and others. Social media is an important tool to share information about our Credit Union and improve the overall member experience.
Please read the following conditions carefully and understand that by communicating with ValleyStar through social media, you are consenting to the conditions listed below without limitation or qualification. These conditions are subject to change and may be revised at any time.
- Visitors to our pages are likely to encounter posts and comments by members of the Credit Union as well as members of the general public. Most of these posts and comments have not been approved by us in advance, and we are neither responsible for, nor do we endorse, any views expressed other than our own.
- We reserve the right to remove any content from our pages for any reason, including posts or comments that:
- Are libelous, profane, defamatory, disparaging, hateful, harassing, threatening, obscene, or personal attacks;
- Condone or promote any activity that violates local, state, federal, and/or international laws or regulations;
- Are fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or contain spam, or are intended to cause technical disruptions to our page(s);
- Are made for the purpose of solicitation or advertising.
- We reserve the right to block any visitors to our pages (including members of the Credit Union) who use the pages in a manner that we deem to be inappropriate.
- Although we reserve the right to remove content and block visitors, we are under no obligation to do so, and in some cases, we may not have the technical ability to do so.
- Our pages are not intended for children under 13 years of age. We will assume that younger children visiting our pages are being supervised by (and their posts or comments approved by) a parent or guardian.
- At times, we may post information with links to third-party websites we think may be helpful. This does not mean however that we endorse, condone, or accept responsibility or liability for third-party content, including advertisements, products, opinions, recommendations, or other materials contained on those sites.
- ValleyStar Credit Union logos, trademarks, and icons are proprietary to ValleyStar Credit Union. Nothing contained in social media postings should be construed as granting permission to use any of these items without written permission from ValleyStar.
Member Service and Privacy
- We respect the confidentiality of our members and as such, members should never post any personal, financial, account, or other sensitive non-public information on our social media pages.
- If a member does post such information, we reserve the right to remove the information and instruct the member to communicate with us through more appropriate and secure channels.
- We will never ask for a member’s account information, Social Security Number, or other sensitive information via social media.
- We do not collect personal information on visitors to our social media pages, except for information voluntarily shared in their posts, comments, and/or entries into various promotions and contests. Visitors should be aware, however, that social media outlets, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter, may collect information about them. We recommend reviewing the privacy policies of these social media outlets to learn more about what information they collect.
- Anyone who submits content to our social media pages grants ValleyStar the right to reproduce, distribute, publish, edit, and further use the content in Credit Union marketing without payment or other compensation.