Get direct deposit today when you open your ValleyStar checking account. With a checking account, you can have funds deposited automatically, saving you time, while avoiding disruptions in accessing your money. You can also split and save your direct deposit to create healthy saving habits. Not to mention, your accounts are safe with us. By enrolling in direct deposit, you’re minimizing the risk of ID theft or mail fraud through paper tracks.
Features & Benefits of our Free Checking Account*
- No minimum balance requirement
- No initial deposit required to open
- No monthly service charge*
- 55,000+ surcharge-free ATMs worldwide
- Earn dividends
- No per-check charge
- Free instantly issued Visa® Debit Card
- Free Point-of-Sale (POS) transactions when using our Debit Card
*with the election of electronic statements
We offer easy ways to earn.
Open a primary checking account and earn 1% APY, plus $250 for meeting direct deposit requirements.
- Open a primary checking account
- Set up direct deposit
- Make direct deposits of at least $1,000/month for three months
- Wait for your money
After three months of consistent direct deposits of at least $1,000, ValleyStar will deposit $250 into your checking account.
All members will automatically receive 1% APY for keeping an average monthly balance between $500-$10,000 – No deposit necessary. At ValleyStar, we believe in giving our members a boost.
You Also Get Our Digital Banking Package – FREE!
- Free Online Banking*
- Free Mobile Banking*
- Free Bill Pay*
- Free eStatements*
- Free Mobile Deposits*
- Free eLerts*
- Free access to our live team members*
*Messaging and carrier data rates may apply.
How to open a Free Checking Account at ValleyStar Credit Union
- Open a savings account and deposit $5 to establish your membership with ValleyStar, unlocking all your credit union benefits
- Open a checking account with no initial deposit
- Enroll in eStatements to easily and securely access your statement and avoid paper statement fees
- That’s it – should you ever decide to close your accounts, you’ll be refunded the $5
It’s quick and easy!