Roanoke, Virginia (November 16, 2018) – Downtown Roanoke, Inc. and ValleyStar Credit Union are teaming up for a new event at Elmwood on Ice on December 1st. Miracles on Ice will be a day of family-friendly fun benefitting Children’s Miracle Network (CMN). One hundred percent of funds raised from Miracles on Ice will remain local and provide lifesaving medical equipment and services for the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU) and pediatric units at Carilion Children’s Hospital.
“We are so happy Downtown Roanoke, Inc. was willing to partner with us on this event supporting our charity of choice, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals,” remarked Lori Cauley, Vice President of Brand & Corporate Projects at ValleyStar. “We raise funds for CMN all year long, and this gives us another opportunity to support such a worthwhile cause and bring added community attention to their lifesaving mission.”
“Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals could not be more grateful for the love and support we receive from the community,” said Erin Henderson, Program Director for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals at Carilion Children’s. “Thanks to events like Miracles on Ice and organizations like ValleyStar Credit Union and Downtown Roanoke Inc., we can ensure that every child seen at Carilion Children’s is given the absolute best treatment available, as close to home as possible. We are so fortunate to be surrounded by a community that cares so deeply for children!”
In addition to all the skating and sliding fun visitors can expect at Elmwood on Ice, December 1st will bring the addition of inflatables, photos with Santa, face painting, balloon artist, and more. For visitors who wish to skate and slide, $10 admission will allow them to enjoy these activities all day. All additional activities at Miracles on Ice will be free regardless of whether visitors pay to enjoy the ice rink.
We’ll be raising funds for CMN through several different channels on December 1st:
• Every $2 skate rental fee collected December 1st will be donated to CMN
• Donations will be welcomed from event attendees
• The Kettle Cooker Express will be on-site providing concessions including hot chocolate, with a special gift for the first 500 hot chocolate purchases. The Kettle Cooker Express will donate their profits from the event to CMN
• ValleyStar Credit Union will be matching donations raised over the course of the day
Event Schedule for Miracles on Ice – December 1st:
• 11:00 am – 4:00 pm in Elmwood Park Amphitheater – Inflatables, Balloon Artist, Face Painting, Photos with Santa, and more
• 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm around Elmwood on Ice Rink Area – Strolling Santa, Costumed Characters, Ice Sculpting, and more
For additional details about Elmwood on Ice, visit www.ElmwoodOnIce.com.